Library and Information Services, Royal Conservatoire of Scotland

Tuesday 31 July 2012

When a Music Librarian goes all Musical

Some months ago, I rashly decided to arrange a suite of Hebridean folksongs from Alexander Campbell's song-collection, Albyn's Anthology.  I arranged them for flute, viola and cello.  Rather virtuoso flute, viola and cello, to be honest.  Campbell's early 19th century collection was praised for the tunes and slammed for the settings, so I doubt if I can have done much harm by my extravagant flights of fancy.

Just one problem.  I need a trio! I don't really think Allegro Finale through computer speakers really did them justice.  Now what?!  Could there remotely possibly be a flute, viola and cello trio out there in the Scottish central belt?

'Whittaker' has his fingers crossed.

No comments: