Tuesday, 18 August 2009
Colleagues are advised that the Whittaker Library has just received the latest QAA offering, this time on student expectations and reflections on their first year. (Essential reading at this time of year!). The book will be at 378.1 QUAL as soon as it has been labelled. Full details:-
- The first year experience . Student expectations, experiences and reflections on the first year
- The Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education, 2009
- Series - Enhancing practice, and Enhancement themes
Jointly organised by organisations in America, Naples and Sykies (Greece)
The National Academy of Music, a public charity of the State of Colorado (USA), in conjunction with the Municipal Conservatories of Neapolis and Sykies (Greece), is pleased to announce a call for scores for its International Music Prizes for Composition 2009, the Academy’s annual International Composition Competition.
- to stimulate composers of all ages and nationalities to write new, high-quality music for educational purposes
- to motivate highly talented composers to persist in building a career in composition by rewarding them with recognition and performance.
Prizes & Awards
- Submit a portfolio of at least two original compositions
- Winning compositions will be considered for performance at a Gala Concert on November 21, 2009 (Municipal Theatre of Sykies in Thessaloniki, Greece)
- Winners will also receive Certificates of Mastery and Medals of Distinction
Monday, 17 August 2009
- Communicating research in the digital age
- E-journals: their use, value and impact
Both will be added to the Whittaker Library bookstock at RSAMD. You can also access RIN publications online - click here to find out more.